RAS Driving School Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
By booking lessons with Driving School Cambridge you enter a business contract under the following terms and conditions:
General Rules and RAS DS responsibilities:
- Please make payments to Rafal Aulich, Lloyds Bank: Account Number: 20829160; Sort Code: 30-90-66
- Unless 48 hours notice is given, any lesson cancellations will be charged at your current rate. Minimum charge is current rate of one hour of standard tuition.
- RAS Driving School cannot be responsible for lesson cancellations due to mechanical breakdown; sickness of the instructor, or adverse weather conditions, but will endeavour to find a replacement vehicle as soon as possible or reschedule the lesson at the earliest possible date.
- You will be supplied with your RAS Driving Instructor's telephone number for all your future communications.
- Any complaints will be dealt with the strictest confidence within 14 days and any refund request must be done in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof of purchase e.g appointment card scan or online payment confirmation.
- RAS Driving Instructors will abide by an equal opportunity policy and will not discriminate against Race, Colour, Creed, Gender or Sexual Orientation, Nationality etc.
- RAS Driving School will provide the pupil with a dual controlled car in a clean, roadworthy and tidy condition.
- RAS Driving Instructors will present themselves in a professional manner and be of smart appearance.
- RAS Driving School has a strict no smoking policy.
- You agree for RAS Driving School to prepare you for the practical driving test and upon reaching the required standard to book it, by using DSA online system, in your behalf.
- Unless 7 working days notice is given, any exam cancellations will be charged at DSA exam fee and at the RAS Driving school current rate for practical exam.
- Your RAS Instructor has the right to withdraw the tuition car for the day of your driving test if, in the Instructor's opinion, the candidate is not deemed to be to the required test standard. The RAS Driving School will give you one week notice in such a case.
- The student and RAS Driving Instructor agree to abide by the particulars of the chosen advertised deal, while the student had made the payment and was subsequently accepted for driving tuition.
- You are under obligation to remain in regular weekly contact with RAS Driving School via text messages. Failure to text RAS instructor for more than two months will result in cancellation of your contract. No refund will be considered in such a case.
- Any request for a booking must be made one week in advance to be considered. Other short term bookings may only be considered if there is availability to facilitate.
- If you have a complaint you wish to pursue, you are under obligation to communicate it in writing within 14 days from the occurrence of the issue. After that period the complaint or refund will not be valid and it will not be considered by RAS DS.
- You are under obligation to commit to the training within opening times of RAS Driving School.
- Maximum time scale for any standard pre-paid lessons or exams is six months. After this period pre-payment lessons expire
- Specific deals may have different time limits e.g intensive courses
- If you do not wish to commit to taking lessons regularly you may choose PAY AS YOU GO lessons
- You must be assessed by RAS instructor to be at driving test standard to qualify for a practical driving test. If you book your driving test when you are not ready the booking may still proceed, but it is at your own risk. Initial booking fee may not be refunded and the vehicle may be withdrawn for the driving test
Having made a purchase of driving lessons, after your first lesson, you have 14 days to withdraw the remainder of pre-paid money or purchased deal. After this period, or upon starting using the remainder of the lessons you are under obligation to make yourself available for the rest of the outstanding lessons within RAS DS opening times and pre-paid lessons expiry date. Otherwise the refund would not be due.
It is always recommended to have a taster lesson to assess whether the teaching style of RAS instructor and the car is suitable for you. If you do not raise any complaints after your first lesson and within 14 days it is considered you were satisfied with the service and level of tuition. The refund will be not due.
The driving test will change from Monday 4 December 2017. The changes are introduced to make sure new drivers have the skills they need to...more
How much information have you forgotten? 19 June 2016 Recent research by GEM Motoring Assist suggests that less than 50% of those surveyed would be sure of passing, while a significant chunk, 41%, were unsure of how they'd do. By contrast, an impressive 67% of...more
17/06/2016 Why learner drivers fail their theory test? Top 10 driving theory questions that trip up most learner drivers 17 June 2016 Here's a statistic that surprised us, only 46% of test candidates pass their driving theory test on their first attempt. That's a terrible first time pass rate - it...more
10/09/2012 DSA Changes to hazard perception videos! Even better than the real clip 31 August 2012 Click image to see the video A few weeks ago, the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) announced that it would be taking steps to deal with a long-standing issue: the video quality of hazard perception clips...more